About the Attorney
Attorney Gaunt is a long-term resident of the Indianapolis area. He earned his J.D. from the University of Toledo, distinguishing himself as a recipient of an American Jurisprudence Award for excellence in a specific subject matter. Since admission to the bar in 1996, Gaunt has been a civil and criminal litigator in both State and Federal Courts and has extensive bench and jury trial experience as lead counsel.
More about Mr. Gaunt:
- He approaches every case as if it is the most important matter in a client's life, because most of the time, it is.
- As counsel for a class action suit, he successfully negotiated a Federal Court class settlement on behalf of well over one hundred class members.
- He has served as lead trial counsel on many hundreds of cases, across nearly half the counties in Indiana. Many of these cases ended without a trial through successfully negotiated compromises. Those which did go to trial include a number of successes, including verdicts in city, state, and the United States District Court (Southern District).
- He has received favorable trial pronouncements against a leading bank and against one of the larger national car rental companies.
- Deeply satisfying for Mr. Gaunt, he has enjoyed a pattern of helping clients win to gain or contest custody of their children in a number of cases across many court jurisdictions in both paternity and divorce litigation.
- Attorney Gaunt has won favorable verdicts and outcomes, including dismissals with prejudice, in many county prosecutions across the state.
To schedule a consultation, contact Thomas J. Gaunt, Trial Lawyer today!